One of your responsibilities as the CEO of your company is to ensure that your company and its products or services are widely known. The best type of promotion, on the other hand, is done quietly. As a CEO, here’s how you can advertise your company in a subtle way.
- A public relations business. First and foremost, ensure that your company has either a public relations firm or a communications department. A public relations firm is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses that lack the funds and resources to establish their own communications department. A public relations firm will be able to connect you with various media outlets, allowing you to promote your business without resorting to outright advertising. For example, a public relations agency can help you secure sponsorship for large events. Sponsoring major events is a terrific way to get your company’s brand out there. Without having to pay for advertising minutes or print space, you will obtain air time on television and radio, as well as a couple of photos in magazines and newspapers.
- Department of communication If you’re a larger organization, though, you should put up your own communications or public relations department. Creating a PR department might be tough due to the fact that PR work relies heavily on relationships with other businesses and individuals. You’ll need to hire people who are familiar with the sector and can help you gain the promotion you want, yet these people are hard to come by. However, if you can set up your own communications department, you’ll have an entire crew dedicated only to marketing your brand.
- Connections to the media. Linking with local and national media sources is one of the most important duties for a communications department or a PR business. One of your objectives should be to establish contacts in the local media so that you may contribute articles and features to local television shows and newspapers. These contributions enhance the image of your organization. The best part is that this is advertising without having to pay for it. Keep in mind, however, that when exploiting your media connections for contributions, you must be covert. You can’t advertise your goods directly, but most people do so in a subtle way.
- a plan of action Whether you hire a public relations firm or create your own communications department, you must develop a strategy. Request that your public relations agency or communications department prepare a plan that outlines the exact activities that must be performed to promote the company, as well as the resources required and the plan’s timeline. You will be able to more easily monitor the plan’s effectiveness if you create a concrete action plan.
- Updates. Finally, make sure you meet with the PR company or the communications department on a regular basis for updates. Confirm that you receive weekly reports and updates to ensure that the marketing program is being carried out. As a CEO, you should be able to quietly advertise your firm if you follow these procedures.